starsaga

Safeword Quinacridone (Safeword #6) - Candace Blevins Blew me away!
Candace Blevins is an amazingly skilled author and I would read anything she ever writes. This was my first book by her and I look forward to reading other books by her. This story had many aspects, the romantic falling in love, the struggle to accept each other and the more difficult-to-read accepting their own needs part. Throughout the book, I thought that both Cara and Travis were in love or meant to be together, mostly because of Travis and the way he was written. Cara, not so much, she said she loved him but I didn't see it, I think she was definitely in love with her art and her need to be objectified. Travis gave her that, in fact he gave her everything, so I think she must have loved him for that. What was believeable was that, they were meant for each other, and that I think if they did get married as they were planning at the end, then she would come to love him deeply, they way he loved her. The parts where they 'played' were mostly clinincal, the arms were moved this way and that, the legs bent or tied up, etc. These moments were probably meant to sound distanced and were part of the objectification process for Cara, but for me they took something away from the book, making those moments more like a manual than a story. Maybe if I read the book again, I will feel differently. I probably will one day read this again, because of Travis, he was a wonderful character to read about and of course, Candace Blevins writing which is exceptionally good.

Having It All
Reece Butler
Lucy's Revenge (Divine Creek Ranch #15)
Heather Rainier